At Evergreen Climate Innovations, we believe entrepreneurship and innovation are powerful forces that can be harnessed to solve our climate and environmental imperatives while also creating jobs and generating attractive business and investment opportunities.
We catalyze climate innovations by finding, funding, and growing innovative climate tech startups in the Greater Midwest. Structured as a nonprofit, we make seed investments and provide patient, hands-on support to help entrepreneurs scale and succeed. To date, we have invested in 41 companies across the region.
Partnerships with philanthropic donors, foundations, and government agencies are critical to our work and that of the broader innovation ecosystem. These partnerships ensure that Evergreen has the financial resources to execute on our world-changing mission.
To further strengthen our network, Evergreen is recruiting a Philanthropic Partnerships Manager. Reporting to Evergreen’s Director of Strategic Partnerships, this role will support, expand, and improve the organization’s donor engagement efforts. This will entail managing relationships with existing partners, preparing and submitting proposals, supporting solicitations of individuals and corporations for philanthropic contributions, planning and executing engagement activities, and supporting other stakeholder engagement events and initiatives.
- Relationship Management – Support stewardship of philanthropic relationships through consistent communication and active engagement; research and identify new prospect relationships.
- Stakeholder Engagement – Support stakeholder engagement efforts by collaborating on event promotions, logistics planning and implementation, and monitoring individual outreach to high-priority guests.
- Content Creation – Contribute to creation of engaging content that’s guided by overarching content strategy, aligned with communications plans, and tailored to various donor and stakeholder audiences (examples include Impact Report, grant proposals, email appeals).
- Database Management – Own data maintenance and hygiene efforts; regularly update stakeholder information; maintain audience segmentation within existing database.
- Donation Processing – Document and track philanthropic and corporate pledges; coordinate internally to process incoming contributions and outgoing acknowledgements.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for Evergreen’s mission and a commitment to supporting innovation, entrepreneurs and the world’s transition to a low-carbon and resource efficient economy.
- Be an articulate, motivated, and charismatic spokesperson, with the ability to build rapport and promote Evergreen with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrate creativity in identifying opportunities for creating value and strengthening stakeholder relationships
- Be comfortable contacting existing partners to discuss upcoming engagement and / or funding opportunities.
- Be entrepreneurial, self-starting, detail-oriented and able to function independently in a complex and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Be intellectually curious, able to listen to and learn from multiple voices, comfortable asking questions when needing clarity.
The ideal candidate’s qualifications include:
- Professional experience in relationship management, demonstrating progressive advancement and increasing responsibilities
- Demonstrated success working with individual donors, foundations, and corporate philanthropies
- Project and / or program management experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Mastery of Microsoft products (specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Google Workspace (specifically Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides)
- Experience with HubSpot is preferred; experience with other CRM platforms and / or donor databases is encouraged
- Bachelor’s degree
- This role will be based out of Evergreen’s Chicago office, with an average of 3 days / week in-office expectation
- Nominal travel (an average of 1 – 2 trips / year or less) may be required
- FLSA exempt
To Apply: Please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover what we’re up to at Evergreen
Stay up to date with our work and the Greater Midwest’s climate innovation ecosystem.