At Evergreen Climate Innovations we believe entrepreneurship and innovation are powerful forces that can be harnessed to solve our climate and environmental imperatives while also creating jobs and generating attractive business and investment opportunities.
We catalyze climate innovations by finding, funding, and growing innovative climate tech startups in the Greater Midwest. Structured as a nonprofit, we make seed investments and provide patient, hands-on support to help entrepreneurs scale and succeed. To date, we have invested in 38 companies across the region.
Partnerships with stakeholders across the corporate, investment, and philanthropic sectors are critical to our work and that of the broader innovation ecosystem. Evergreen’s strategic partnerships provide us with insight into the needs and requirements of the market and provide our startups with access to mentorship, expertise, and potential commercial opportunities. These supporters also ensure that Evergreen has the financial resources to execute on our world-changing mission.
To further strengthen our network, Evergreen is recruiting a Strategic Partnerships Manager. Reporting to Evergreen’s Director of Strategic Partnerships, this role will support, expand, and improve the organization’s stakeholder engagement efforts. This will entail managing relationships with existing partners, identifying and approaching new potential partners, preparing and submitting proposals, asking individuals and corporations for financial contributions, planning and executing engagement activities, and supporting other stakeholder engagement events and initiatives.
- Relationship Management – Steward current relationships through consistent communication and engagement; collaborate to find new ways to provide value to stakeholders, encourage annual support renewal when appropriate; research, identify and develop new prospect relationships.
- Stakeholder Engagement – Support stakeholder engagement efforts by collaborating on event promotions, logistics planning and implementation, and monitoring individual outreach to high-priority guests.
- Content Creation – Create engaging content that is guided by overarching content strategy, aligned with broader communications plans, and tailored to various stakeholder audiences (examples include Impact Report, grant proposals, email appeals, etc).
- Database Management – Own data maintenance and hygiene efforts; regularly update stakeholder information; periodically conduct landscape analysis to provide data platform recommendations as needed.
- Donation Processing – Document and track philanthropic and corporate pledges; coordinate internally to process incoming contributions and outgoing acknowledgments.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for Evergreen’s mission and a commitment to supporting innovation, entrepreneurs and the world’s transition to a low-carbon and resource efficient economy.
- Be an articulate, motivated, and charismatic spokesperson, with the ability to build rapport and promote Evergreen with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrate creativity in identifying opportunities for creating value and strengthening stakeholder relationships
- Be comfortable contacting potential partners to gauge their interest in supporting Evergreen.
- Be entrepreneurial, self-starting, detail-oriented and able to function independently in a complex and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Be intellectually curious, able to listen to and learn from multiple voices, comfortable asking questions when needing clarity.
The ideal candidate’s qualifications include:
- Professional experience in relationship management, demonstrating progressive advancement and increasing responsibilities
- Demonstrated success working with high-level donors and committee volunteers
- Project and / or program management experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, comfort presenting in front of people
- Mastery of Microsoft products (specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Google Workspace (specifically Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides)
- Experience with HubSpot is preferred; experience with other CRM platforms and / or donor databases is encouraged
- Bachelor’s degree
- This role will be based out of Evergreen’s Chicago office, with an average of 3 days / week in-office expectation as pandemic restrictions are lifted
- Nominal travel (an average of 1 trip / quarter or less) will be required
- FLSA exempt
To Apply: Please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com by April 15, 2022.
Discover what we’re up to at Evergreen
Stay up to date with our work and the Greater Midwest’s climate innovation ecosystem.