At Evergreen Climate Innovations (“Evergreen”), we believe entrepreneurship and innovation are powerful forces that can be harnessed to solve our climate and environmental imperatives while also creating jobs and generating attractive business and investment opportunities. We catalyze climate innovations by finding, funding, and growing innovative climate tech startups in the Greater Midwest.
We make investments out of our 501vc® Investment Fund, a seed-stage venture capital fund operated under a non-profit structure. Fully funded by philanthropic support, the fund seeks investments in startups that will yield outsized impact in climate mitigation, climate resilience, and natural resource conservation. The Evergreen team provides patient, hands-on support to help entrepreneurs scale and succeed. To date, we have invested in 38 high impact companies in sectors including energy, mobility, advanced materials, agtech, water, and beyond.
We are seeking a Senior Investment Analyst to join Evergreen’s Investment Team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment. This person will be intellectually curious, detail oriented, resourceful, trustworthy and have strong communication skills. In addition, the individual feels a sense of urgency to act on the climate imperative. This person will add value by working on a number of simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and demonstrate exemplary follow-through.
Support Evergreen’s ongoing investment activity, deal sourcing, and due diligence process
- Actively source new investment opportunities
- Assess the market opportunity and feasibility of new ventures
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to research and analyze new ventures
- Develop impact assessment models and financial models on prospective investments
- Draft investment memos on prospective investment opportunities
- Articulate well-reasoned, objective, fact-based analyses and points of view on investment opportunities
Support Evergreen’s portfolio management and reporting
- Maintain fund performance modeling, including tracking portfolio financials on a quarterly basis
- Provide direct support to portfolio companies raising follow-on investment rounds from institutional venture investors by building financial projections and valuation models, drafting marketing materials, and identifying and engaging prospective investors
- Provide strategic guidance to early-stage portfolio companies; opportunity to potentially take on board observer roles
- 2 years of experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, or management consulting
- Understanding of venture capital and venture capital deal structures
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including financial modeling
- Proficiency analyzing term sheets and capitalization structures
- Prior experience working with startups preferred
- Understanding of the climate tech/cleantech sector preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business, Engineering, or related
- This role will be based out of Evergreen’s Chicago office and work takes place in an office and remote environment
- Some travel will be required
- FLSA Exempt
To Apply: Please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject of the email by April 15, 2022
We value your time and talents
Discover climate technologies that promise to deliver solutions to our most pressing environmental challenges.