As a founding member of the Heartland Climate Tech Partnership, Evergreen Climate Innovations is proud to partner with Centrepolis Accelerator at Lawrence Technological University, mHUB, and Spark Innovation Center to advance the commercialization of innovative climate tech and clean energy businesses across the Greater Midwest Region.
Project affiliates include the Chain Reaction Innovations based at Argonne National Laboratory, the Innovation Crossroads program at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
The partnership will help to support and accelerate climate tech and clean energy hardware startups in the Greater Midwest. The partners plan to support more than 360 startups and small businesses via the tailored programs, which include both virtual and in-person events, sector-specific curriculum, accelerator programs, mentorship, prototyping resources, and connections with industry.
Beneficiaries of the program will be a diverse array of Midwest founders from across the region, including those from universities, low-income communities, and urban areas.
By developing a regional cluster of unified, accessible, best-in-class innovation resources, the Heartland Climate Tech Partnership will:
- increase the commercialization of climate tech and clean energy hardware technologies
- reduce energy consumption and emissions while increasing domestic manufacturing
- create U.S. intellectual property and well-paying jobs in the Greater Midwest
Energy Program for Innovation Clusters
In 2021, the Heartland Climate Tech Partnership received over $900,000 in funding from the Department of Energy’s Energy Program for Innovation Clusters (EPIC). EPIC is a $10 million funding opportunity created by the Department of Energy’s Office of Technology Transitions to harness regional ingenuity and resources, develop pipelines for energy technology to reach the market, and stimulate the formation of new businesses.
- The deadline to apply for the mHUB Climate & Energy Tech Accelerator is closed
- The deadline to apply for the Spark Cleantech Accelerator is closed
- The application deadline for Centrepolis Accelerator’s C3 Accelerator is rolling
- More events coming soon
Reach out to learn more about opportunities with the Heartland Climate Tech Partnership and how you can get involved.